The Pet Lover's Code
Center for Loss and Life Transitions
You have the right to grieve the death of a pet.
- You have the right to talk about your grief.
- You have the right to feel a variety of emotions.
- You have the right to be tolerant of your physical and emotional limits.
- You have the right to experience "griefbursts."
- You have the right to make use of ritual.
- You have the right to embrace your spirituality.
- You have the right to search for meaning.
- You have the right to treasure your memories.
- You have the right to move toward your grief and heal.
Dr. Alan Wolfelt founded the Center for Loss more than 20 years ago to compassionately support both mourners, by walking with them in their unique life journeys, and professional and lay caregivers, by serving as a resource and professional forum. Dr. Wolfelt’s unique model of "companioning" versus "treating" people in grief is respected the world over. He presents workshops each year throughout the United States and Canada for a variety of organizations including hospices, schools, universities, funeral homes, and community groups. He offers 4-Day Trainings for bereavement caregivers in Fort Collins, Colorado, as well. Dr. Wolfelt is also the author of many bestselling books and other resources on healing in grief for both caregivers and grieving people.
Disclaimer: Eden Koljord is not a veterinarian. She does not diagnose medical issues, offer medical advice, prescribe drugs, or perform surgery. In addition, a session with Eden Koljord is not an alternative or substitute for licensed veterinary or medical care, proper nutrition, training, or healthy exercise.